Thursday, November 19, 2009

It's been a while...

Sorry I've been away for a while! You see, our lives here in suburbia have become unusually out of routine due to my lovely husband landing a wonderful new job! The only downside of this new job - so far - is that out of the last eleven days, eight of them have been spent interstate. So the kids and I are adjusting to a 'new normal'.

I'll give you my quote of the day a little earlier than usual - ''Absence makes the heart grow fonder''. Never before have I understood this statement quite like I do now!

I have told my husband many times over the past eight years that I didn't think it was possible to be in love with someone so much, and to be more in love as each year goes on. But I am, and I do. I thank my lucky stars each and every day that I have Andrew in my life, and that we have such a wonderful little life together. This past eleven days have been difficult, but have made me appreciate him even more (yet another thing I didn't think possible).

So for those of you who sometimes may take your other half a little for granted, send them away for a few days, and see how much more you appreciate having them around!

That's it for tonight, I am absolutely knackered!

Have a great night!

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog, very thoughtful and an insight into a gentler soul. I agree with you when my partner is away I am continually thinking what we'll do when She gets back. Sorry, I am one of the other half of hunmanity. We do in our busy lives take our partners for granted and forget to say thank you (one of your other blogs) I repay my wifes hard work each week with a special breakfast we have every sunday over a cooked lazy breakfast, Kid free, read the papers discuss the weekly news over coffee(several) to recharge our lives and can face the week. The best think I read about love is that it is not the hollywood version we get get dished up over and over that it is a spirtual thing with no with no substance but a doing word (noun), it something that you work at every day, the things we do for each other, the care and consideration, something that you work on day in day out and it not really work if you know what I mean. That is love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.....thank you Larry....I have been away from my little blog for many months now, and popped in hoping to be inspired to start again. Seeing I had a comment, and that somebody had actually (gasp) read my blog has inspired me! Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment - I read each and every one of them! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...