Wednesday, November 20, 2013

W.I.P. Wednesday - Jelly Roll Stalled

Remember that gorgeous quilt top I finished a couple of weeks ago?

Honey Honey Jelly Roll Quilt Top
THIS ONE
Well, given my usual form of being able to finish a quilt top and have it quilted and bound within a week, this one has stalled.


LOVING the backing fabric I chose!!!! #nomnomnom

I did manage to make the backing for it - which I ADORE.  The amazing blue spot print is from my local Spotlight.  I love how it pops.  I also pieced in a few leftover jelly roll strips for interest.

Unpicked 4 times before settling on a quilting pattern.... And now my body is aching #workout #fmq

I also started quilting it.  In fact, I got half way through it before I had to pack it up to prepare food for my family, who for some reason do not stop wanting to be fed, even when I am in the midst of quilting?  What's with that?

Anywho, I am half way through quilting this baby, and I just haven't gotten back to it.  Yet.  I started and unpicked four times before settling on this organic version of a baptist fan (I'm sticking with that description ok?).  And it was actually very hard work pushing and pulling the quilt through.  Soooooo, I need to rev myself up to sit down and get the other half done.  Sigh.

And that's it for W.I.P.'s!  Whilst I was stalling on this finish, I did however get a couple more cushions finished for my BLOG HOP!!!!  Yes, you heard correctly.  In case you missed my announcement last night, I am hosting a blog hop - check out all the details HERE.  And get involved people!  There's prizes!  PRIZES!  Can you tell I'm excited??

I'm linking up with W.I.P. Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced - You can too!


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

8 comments:

  1. I love the idea of 'organic' baptist fans... will have to give that a try next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im still loving that green colour. Looks Looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My almost 6 yr old boy eats nonstop too. Last night he had 3 helping of spaghetti and meatballs. The last portion was very small,but then after all that he wanted dessert! Boys!!! Geesh!

    I love that sashing and border color you picked out for this quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good! I'll check out the blog hop ;) ps my kids always want feeding too ... such a pain lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely quilt! The quilting looks good now, but I bet after the first wash all the imperfections will disappear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely quilting and i really like the blue spotlight fabric

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment - I read each and every one of them! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...