Thursday, October 30, 2014

Blogger's Quilt Festival - Original Design - Charm Dash

I am entering a second quilt in to the Blogger's Quilt Festival!  I am very proud of my Charm Dash quilt - given it is my first ever released Pattern - so I am entering it in to the Original Design category!

AmysCreativeSide.com


DSC_0392 

Those of you who have been around here for a while would know I released my Charm Dash pattern about a month ago, but for those of you who are new here (You'll find some captivating information about me and my work up there in the "Who is Ms Midge" section  ^^^^) - here's the low down!  The Charm Dash came to be after the first Aussie Charm Swap I ran, with Kate Spain fabrics.  I was left wondering how to use my 5" charm squares without wasting ANYTHING?  After tossing and turning one night, I spent the morning drawing up a block, which would go on to be the Charm Dash block and a whole quilt!

Charm Dash Quilt Pattern by Ms Midge 

The block is a bit of a mutant churn dash - except that you are using 5" charm squares and not wasting a single inch of fabric.  

Charm Dash Pattern by Ms Midge 

It is perfect for showcasing your favourite fabrics - and in my case, the Kate Spain collection of prints was a stunning example of how fabrics from a multitude of collections can mix beautifully.

Charm Dash Pattern by Ms Midge 

I pieced and quilted the whole quilt using my trusty Aurifil #2024 in a 40wt.  The free motion pattern is what I'd like to call "vines", but you can call it whatever you like!

Charm Dash Pattern by Ms Midge

The backing is a very simple on fabric finish - but oh, what a fabric!

DSC_0368

This quilt made me believe that I could actually reallllly be original and come up with some of my own quilty ideas!  Which in turn led me to designing my Pavement Puddles quilt.  So I guess you could say it was the start of a whole new beginning!

A BIG thank you to Amy's Creative Side for always putting on a fabulous quilt show!  You can check out the Festival main page HERE.  Make sure you allocate yourself a few hours to get through all the quilty eye candy!  And you can also nominate your favourite quilts HERE!

QUILT STATS:
Designed & pattern made by Me!
Size: 50" x 62.5"
Fabric: Kate Spain Charm squares & White Homespun
Quilting:  By Me on my Bernina
Thread: Pieced and quilted with Aurifil 40wt in #2024

2 comments:

  1. absolutely can not barbour sale uk let him go. barbour quilted jacket sale cheap heart is Murder looming, cheap next to it is a slap barbour quilted jacket sale they think often impossible may really happen. But no barbour sale outlet matter who, no matter how strong he was, shall stir gantry, dare to do it yourself, it shot in the barbour quilted jacket sale head on the cheap. cheap, stupidly at what you want barbour jacket sale to do. cheap back chuckled and said Oh, nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reese averaged 7.0 points in six games during the first semester last season at A&cheap air jordan shoes M before being dismissed from the team. The 6-1 point guard eventually landed at UNT but has yet to play a game for the Mean Green. Reese was a consensus Top 100 recruit nationally. air jordan australia online Benford said he feels good about UNT’s chances to receive clearance for Reese to play this season. UNT has struggled at point guard and turned to shooting guard T.J. Taylor in its game against Arkansas. “If we are fortunate enough to get him,air jordan australia sale it would change our team,” Benford said.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment - I read each and every one of them! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...