Every now and then, I look through my downloaded photos to both Instagram and here on my computer, and I find finished projects I haven't shared with you! So here is a little "project pictorial".....
My Christmas ornament for the Melbourne Modern Quilt Guild swap! I cracked open my Liberty stash for this one, and love how it turned out. We swapped on Saturday at our Sit and Sew day, and thankfully my recipient said she loved it!
I have had a few last custom orders to get finished before Christmas. Last week, I managed to get two 241 Totes made - this one is made from some Home Dec fabric I purchased at Spotlight months ago and linen.....
And this one is from some of the delicious Enchino I brought back from Japan, and more linen blend fabric. I love them both!
Now this little project I made months ago! And forgot to share! I wanted to make something for Kate Spain in return for her generosity during the Charm swap/along and also with my Pavement Puddles quilt. I got all the teeny weeny scraps from my KS wall hanging and just made them work!
On the other side, I paper pieced a K and then free motion quilted the rest of her name.
Teeeeeeny weeeeeeny pieces of yummy fabric scraps! I think the pouch ended up being around 12" long, so that gives you an idea of how small these are.
I filled it with yummy Aussie sweets and the lovely Quilt Jane hand delivered my present to Kate at Quilt Market for me. Thanks Jane!
This delightful cushion started off as a bee block. And went terribly wrong when I trimmed all 27 geese down to size, without realising the tutorial meant finished size PLUS seam allowance. So I was left with all these yummy geese with nowhere to fly...... Then I read the bio of the November recipient in my Aussie Handmade Birthday Swap and see she loves yellow and orange! Win win! So I added some bits of white here and then to make it all fit and symmetrical, and BAM - cushion cover done!
I backed it with this beautiful Flora print!
And yesterday - well, I finished this amazing custom order cushion cover! The customer requested a horse cushion. So I searched the interwebs, and given this was for a 10 year old girl, I figured the horse should look as realistic as possible! I used THIS pattern.
Fast forward to when I cut out all the pieces of pattern and nearly died at what I had in front of me! But I am SO glad I didn't chicken out and just jumped in. I am absolutely in love with the finished product and can't wait to send it off to the customer. I used a multitude of fabrics and pieced and quilted it using 40wt Aurifil threads in brown, turquoise and pink.
And a little Wee Wander for the backing!
Phew. That's it - for now!