Monday, September 12, 2011

Repeat Business

Whilst undertaking the mammoth task of cutting out 30 yards of fabric yesterday, it gave me time to reflect on the past few months of being Ms Midge....

Since I did the Market two weeks ago, I have been overwhelmed by the amount of wonderful feedback, incoming orders and general excitement from friends and family who have been following my little business.  But most of all, I have been pleased to receive repeat business!  This has boosted my confidence and made me believe that what I am doing is worth it.  I know I'm no rocket scientist and I'm not changing the world, but I can now say that I am providing little ones with quality, unique little pieces of clothing!

The main comments I have received are about the fabric choices I have made.  Both collections of fabrics I have used - Spring Birds and Journey - are prints that you just don't see anywhere else, and that was my aim from the outset.  As much as I love the whimsical little prints you can buy in bulk from our stores here in Australia, you just don't find the originality that I love about the prints I can find overseas.  And you see, that's where this little "journey" of mine is opening up all sorts of "cans of worms"!

Why, oh why, was it so hard for me to track down the first lot of fabrics I found?  Why did I have to go to the States to buy it?  Well, because it just isn't here! Sooooo, as my mind does, it starts to boggle.......and now, my husband and I have been wondering whether it would be the logical thing to do, to bring in larger quantities of these divine fabrics, so that the wider Aussie community of fabric worshippers could have easier access to them?  Still pondering this, but I'm sure I will keep you posted!

What do you think?  If I were to do a bit more investigating, would it be worth my while?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment - I read each and every one of them! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...