Sunday, February 17, 2013

Sunday Stash #6



Monday just gone was very exciting!  I returned home from work to find a lovely fat envelope from Pink Castle Fabrics!  I placed my first order with them a couple of weeks ago, and was starting to get impatient.......there's still another envelope somewhere on its journey.....

With 25% off all bundles and the prospect of shipping costs going up, I sort of went a little silly.  But since catching this awful fabulous quilting bug, I have embraced the urge to buy smaller quantities cuts of fabrics, thus building my stash.  It's a different kind of fabric addiction for me - you see, I used to buy whole collections of fabrics to make little collections of clothes.  Now?  I'm just buying fabric when I like them - regardless of what they will be used for!  In fact today when I posted these photos on Instagram, a friend asked me if I had bought one bundle for a quilt?  Ummmm......I don't know!  I was following her lead in giving my stash more depth!

SO here they are, my first delivery from PKF:

Gypsy trinkets fq bundle
Gypsy Trinkets FQ Bundle - Magnificent colours that I would never have chosen to bundle together.  All Art Gallery fabrics, which are to die for!
Pretty in pink fq bundle
Pretty in Pink FQ Bundle - Once again, all Art Gallery fabrics, and amazing prints!
Cleo fq and half yard bundles
Cleo FQ and Half Yard Bundles - This collection is by Dear Stella.  I fell in love with it a while ago, but had no idea what to buy it for?  Then I came up with a project - a wedding quilt for a very special couple.  I thankfully have about a year to get it made!!

Jelly roll... Unrolled
Little Apples Jelly Roll - Unrolled for postage!  This was a great price, so grabbed it just because!

Willow by Riley Blake
Willow by Riley Blake.  This was on special, so I ordered half a yard of each print - just because they're so damn pretty!


So that my friends, is this week's Sunday stash!  I'm linking up with Finding Fifth!

P.S. I've scheduled this post earlier this week, because right now I will be getting on a plane and returning from the Gold Coast - with a superb piece of extra luggage.  Will share with you next Sunday!

5 comments:

  1. Love your new fabrics... every single one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa you always seem to find prints that I never see - that's why I so enjoy your posts on Sundays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like we have similar tastes in fabric! I had my eye on that Gypsy Trinket bundle for so long, but the international postage rates prevented me from buying it. Enjoy and I look forward to seeing what you make with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many pretties - I couldn't even pick a favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yo have some amazing new fabric there - now the fun of working out what to make with each set - after admiring them for a while first. It makes me happy just to look at lovely fabric.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment - I read each and every one of them! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...