Wednesday, January 29, 2014

A Pram Quilt

The end of 2013 heralded the arrival of a new baby boy!  My husband's cousin had her little man a few weeks early, a few days before Christmas.  So I pulled every single blue fabric I owned off the shelf and then edited myself.  I also grabbed a couple of divine Bella & Boo prints (the pirates, indians and cowboys), and made a very simple patchwork quilt.  This is pram/bassinet size, and I can't remember the dimensions!  I also forgot to take photos of it before I took it around to deliver to little Archie!  So I have to give cudos to his clever Mummy, Larissa, for these fabulous photos!


Pram Quilt



Pram Quilt

I backed it in these gorgeous little blue elephants.  They came all the way from Japan from my Tokyo BFF.

Pram Quilt

I kept with the simple look by quilting it 1/4" either side of the seams using Aurifil 50wt #2810 which is a divine bright turquoise/aqua.  And possibly my favourite part of this quilt is the binding and the few grey/white squares used.  I got out the scraps of Paloma from my Isosceles Triangle quilt - because this little man is the brother of Georgia, who sleeps under the triangle quilt!  Make sense?  Hahah....

So this was my final finish for 2013 - and today heralds the start of the school year - for 3 out of 4 kids anyway.  My littlest starts tomorrow - boohooo!  Which heralds the start of new quilts and the finishing of WIP's!  Hoorah!

I'm linking up wherever they will have me - You can too!


Sew Cute Tuesday


Fresh Poppy Design




16 comments:

  1. Oh the elephants were an excellent decision and the prints on the front are all so fun and well picked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a sweet little boy's quilt. All of the prints are fantastic!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and, of course, thanks so much for linking up with Needle and Thread Thursday!

      :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

      Delete
  3. gorgeous patchwork quilt for a boy!! congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is my favorite type of quilt and i love all the sweet prints you have in there!! so fun to have a little bit of his big sis in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous quilt for a new little boy, Melissa. I just love quilts made with simple squares. My lot don't start school until next Monday so I've still got them home for a few more days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!! I love a square patch quilt. What size are the squares?

    ReplyDelete
  7. absolutely gorgeous and a fun plan for the binding to match his sisters quilt :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have made a few quilts over my 3 years of quilting but nothing ever gets my heart to racing more than a charm square quilt. I just love how you can see each and every fabric. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! The Belle & Boo fabric was a very nice touch - I love the little lad flying on his paper plane :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very precious! I just love the simplicity of patchwork.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how the piecing and quilting let the fun fabric shine. I am sure this will be much loved.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this! I'm on a 'keep it simple' mission at the moment, and this is affirming!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely quilt! I love the mix of prints and colours. Did it take you long to lay it out?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous quilt! So many fun prints and I love the elephants.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great combination of fabrics. A gorgeous quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment - I read each and every one of them! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...