Wednesday, September 10, 2014

W.I.P. Wednesday - Gaining Momentum

I wouldn't dare to count my WIP's right now.  The pile is getting a little bigger than I am comfortable with.  But two projects that are gaining a little momentum, I shall share here....

Nope.... #aquilttopthiswillnotmake #londoncalling #paperpieced 

I made another few blocks to add to my London Calling quilt.  The Underground sign, the Beef Eater and the taxi cab.  Thrilled with how it's all looking together, but was left wondering how I was going to make it a decent size quilt top?  The peeps on IG took care of that, throwing out all sorts of fabulous ideas for more blocks!  I even have the lovely Deborah Gunn sending me some underground map fabric.  I love crafty friends!  So I have now printed out a few more paper pieced patterns, and will add plenty of sashing in and around all the different sized blocks.  This has to be done and dusted by the end of October, so I'm feeling the pressure!

This is going to be one hell of a bright quilt! #aurifil @quilterpatsloan @katespain

And my Aurifil Designer of The Month quilt top is taking shape!  I caught up, making July and August's blocks last week.  But of course, now it is September and I need to get that sorted!  I am loving how bright and vibrant each block is, and think that together, it will look amazing!  If you're interested in joining this BOM, I have each block pinned on one of my Pinterest boards HERE.

I'll leave all the other WIP's for another day!

I'm linking up - You can too!



10 comments:

  1. Love the English themed project. I can only do one project at a time, sort of admire those who can have a few irons in the fire. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it seems like you finish 2 projects for everyone you start so it is hard to believe you have an out of control WIP pile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great works in progress! Those paper pieced 'london' blocks are great. Can't wait to see these done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, don't get me started on all mine WIPs either. I absolutely love your London Calling blocks!!! Great fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohh! these are excellent. i have a friend who will absolutely love these blocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops not sure if my previous comment went through... Loving the London Calling blocks...really looking forward to seeing the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What charming blocks of London. Does this commemorate a trip? I will enjoy watching them come together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so pleased you found some of the underground map fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmm. Me thinks I recognize all those fabrics that you are using for the Aurifil BOMs. I can't wait to see that finish.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your london calling quilt and can't wait to see it finished - such a great idea! Loving the block of the month too - so bright and fun - I'm becoming more and more curious about BOM quilts, but not sure I'm ready to give up the control yet ;) :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment - I read each and every one of them! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...