Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Christmas Sewing - It's a Wrap!

As with every other household in the world, things here have been crazy!!  We've had my 16 year old God-daughter staying with us for three weeks - which meant I had five kids to sort out, children finishing school, organising school for next year.  Christmas parties, birthday parties and work work work.  I'm also struggling dreadfully with a horrid virus called "pityriasis rosea" - otherwise known as "the rash from hell". In between all of that and more, I've managed to get a ridiculous amount of Christmas sewing done.  I didn't actually realise just how much I had done, until I sat down to do this post.  You see, although I haven't been blogging very regularly lately, I HAVE been taking photos of what I've made and waiting until I had time to sit here and document it all!  Now is that time.....  Here are lots of pretty pictures, capturing all the pretty things that have been gifted or are waiting to be gifted!

Zippered Pouches 

Three lovely little zippered pouches.  The middle one was gifted to my Mum and is Liberty - it proved very interesting to sew.  Anyone with tips and hints on sewing with such fine fabric, feel free to share!  I love the other two pouches also, as I cut up little Cotton + Steel selvedges and added them.

Zippered Pouches 

I've become obsessed with metal zippers.

AHBC Gift 

This yummy cushion cover has been sent to our December birthday gal from the Australian Handmade Birthday Club.  Simple AMH squares working together beautifully with linen and 12wt Aurifil thread.

AHBC Gift 

I added a fat quarter of Tula and a little key fob.

Personalised Cushion 

We had our annual family Christmas party for my father in law's family this past weekend.  We only buy gifts for the kids under 16, and there's only our kids and two others left in that pool now!  So little Bianca received her own little personalised cushion.  She loved it!

Teacher's Gift 

Teacher's gifts have been received now.  This zippered case is for my daughter's teacher - a 23 year old man in his first year of teaching.  I was very happy with how enthusiastic he was upon opening it!

Teacher's Gift

May have had something to do with the contents....

Teacher's Gift 

The prep teacher was gifted this yummy cushion.  I asked her what her favourite colour was a few weeks ago - yellow.

Teacher's Gift 

More 12wt Aurifil.  I freakin love using it for a distinctive finish!

Just whipped these babies up for @molli_sparkles will pop intge post today! #hashtagblock #glitteratitotherescue #sewingforsydney 

After last week's horrible siege in Sydney, my lovely friend Molli took it upon himself to rally the quilting troops and whip up some of his hashtag blocks, which will be made in to some quilts for the victim's families.  These are my contribution.  If you want to know how you can help, head over to mollisparkles.com for all the details.

Another obsession begun....how quick and easy are these?!? #theyrenotperfect #letitgo 

I joined the key fob gang, and whipped up these for little gifts.

November #qcabee5 blocks for Diane 

I caught up on November's QCA Bee Blocks.

Uninterrupted sewing = increased productivity! Birthday present - check! #thisgirlisonfire 

And put together this personalised cushion for my son's best friend's birthday.

Omg!!!!! I think I'm very spoilt!!! Thank you SO much @shequiltsalot it's all completely stunning and I love it all! I feel like I need to send an extra parcel to you!!!!!! Xxxxx #sweetpouchswap #ilovexmas 

And last, but certainly far from least, I participated in the Sweet Pouch Swap - Xmas edition - run by Ros at Sew Delicious.  This is my AMAZE-BALLS package I received from the ever lovely Peta!  I was gobsmacked, and thrilled with what she had sent me.  It was all a little overwhelming really!  The pouch itself it divine.  And when I took it with me to our Melbourne MQG get together, it got a whole lot of attention!!!  

Sweet Pouch Swap Xmas Edition 

In return - I sent off these goodies to Peta.  I forgot to take photos, so Peta very nicely sent these to me!  Peta is a huge fan of Bonnie & Camille, so I took out some of my charm squares and made her a linen and B&C pouch in Christmas colours.  The Christmas tree is really simple to put together - basically three little flying geese and then a trunk on the bottom.

Sweet Pouch Swap Xmas Edition

And this is the other side.  Isn't she pretty?

So - that, my friends, is a WRAP!  I do have one gift left to make, but will get to it asap.  You know, given Christmas is two days away......

I hope you all have a super fabulous Christmas Day and enjoy time spent with family, friends and/or doing what you love.  I am looking forward to some time away after Christmas, so am unsure whether I'll be back here blogging before the New Year.  If I'm not, I'll just say Happy New Year now!
xxxx

10 comments:

  1. Lovely and inspiring as always! Great cushion ideas, and once again you stick with the simple, but turns out awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness that's a lot of very productive sewing. Congrats on getting it all finished in time. Your super sweet stitched messages on the gifts are just the best. Lucky recipients :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that AMH cushion, thanks for the inspiration. Wishing you and your family a fabulous Christmas and New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful pouches - love the selvage added to the fronts :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much to admire. You have been busy! The AMH cushion and the little bag you sent to Peta are particularly adorable, and I love all the words you embroidered to make things more personal.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas! I hope you had a fabulous day. I'm sorry to hear that you've got the rash from hell, hoping that it's started to clear and you're getting some relief. You've been so productive and it looks so fabulous. Can't wait to see what amazing things you make in 2015! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Other major sporting events in the UK next year include the Ashes, adidas factory outlet australia the European Rugby Champions and Challenge Cup finals, the World Gymnastics Championships, the European Eventing adidas australia sale Championships and the Euro Hockey Championships. Deloitte's 2014 attendance figures do not include the three UK stages of the 2014 Tour de cheap adidas originals shoes France "due to attendance being largely free of charge".

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you have been busy! Such beautiful gifts, Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My Goodness! You have been BUSY! Your pouches are all lovely. I can see why you are attracted to those metal zippers. And the cushions are all gorgeous, too. Love the little 'thank you' stitching details on all those gifts. Really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great looking projects, love them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment - I read each and every one of them! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...