Friday, October 7, 2011

WTF - aka What The Friday?

Image from: http://www.promptfolio.hu/portfolio/wallpaper-wtf/41/
This past week I have come across so many things that have had me saying "What the?!", so I thought I would dedicate today to these moments, and share some of them with you....

-  I cannot count the number of grown up  adult members of the public who have either walked past me or been within close proximity of me, whom have either decided not to wash and/or apply deodorant, or just have no sense of smell.  Seriously people, do you not have any pride in yourself?  Do you not realise how disgusting it is to have to smell your odour as you pass others' noses?  Ewwwwww.....

-  Whilst working the other day, I took one of the lovely elderly gentlemen out to the local shopping centre.  As I have mentioned in past posts, I work in the disability field, and this man has Downs Syndrome.  So we're having a lovely time, walking around when I see a couple of families walking towards us, and the kids are laughing.  I look next to me and my friend's jeans had come down around his thighs (note to self: check he's wearing a belt in future).  I was horrified, not for me - but for him.  I quickly pulled his strides up for him.  But what I was most horrified about, was the fact that the parents with these kids laughing were ok with this.  And they were ok with walking past us, and not telling me that there was an issue.  I know that if I was to see this happen to someone, I would definately let them know, and offer assistance if required.  And if my kids were to be the ones laughing, I would be explaining to them that it is perhaps not the nicest thing to do.  Grrrrr......


Ummmm.....Melbourne - why oh why do we have statues of babies with tails in our city???

-  I'm constantly amazed at how people have arguments/fights/all-out brawls in the public arena that is Facebook.  This week I was "lucky" to see a bunch of 18 year olds go hell for leather at each other, totalling over 500 replies on the one status!  I was exhausted after scrolling through the first hundred, but was astounded to see multiple uses of the "c" bomb and the "n" word.....  Gob-smacked.

And lastly - The news this morning that a 14 year old boy had been detained in Bali for being caught buying marijuana.  There are so many judgements and opinions flying around social networking sites, but the only one I am going to part with is: My son is a month shy of 13.  Not in a pink fit would I let him wander around Bali (yes, I have been there, so do have some idea of what it's like) and be put in the predicament this poor child has been placed in.  I feel terribly sorry for him, and his parents, because this mistake or seemingly bad judgement call could potentially cost him and them very, very dearly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment - I read each and every one of them! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...