Sunday, March 17, 2013

Sunday Stash #9 - Accidental On Purpose Purchases.....

A couple of weeks ago, I heard on the grapevine fabric junkie line that Spotlight would be having a 30% off all fabric sale on the 12th and 13th of March.  Being the fabric geek I am, and knowing that I needed required wanted a few things, I put an alarm in my calendar, so as not to forget.  The timing was perfect, as I was working on the 12th and HAD to pop in there to get towels for a resident, so took my lunch break and made the most of it!

Lunch break at spotlight! 30% off
Got just a little bit carried away....
More Sarah Fielke #Onthepond
This was actually the one thing I really needed more of.  I'm in the midst of making a gorgeous quilt from the Sarah Fielke range, and didn't realise there were a few more prints in the range than what I got in the two fat quarter packs I had initially bought!  I chose the green leaf print for the backing.....I can't wait to get stuck back in to that quilt!
Mermaids for my little mermaid
Once I'd chosen what was needed, I accidentally started looking at all the other fabrics.  I sort of knocked the mermaid bolt off the shelf and it miraculously landed in my trolley.  Who was I to argue?  Chloe adores mermaids, so a metre was purchased with the intention of making something for her.....win, win.
Cute
When I was standing in the line for the register, the lovely American accented lady in front of me, with her three cute girls in tow, had these prints in her hot little hands.  After I'd had everything cut and folded for me, I spotted these bolts on the desk and said I best get me 25cm of each......whoops.
News print
After the knocking the bolt off the table in to the trolley debarcle, I couldn't help but notice this news print shouting at me.  50cm was promptly purchased.  For what purpose, I have no idea......
Beloved
I did actually choose this print on purpose.  Strange I know.  I've used it for the backing of the cushion I made for a gorgeous teenage girl.  I think the words are powerful.
Poplin chevron!
I had to go through the dress fabrics on my way to the registers.  Well, sort of.  Bit of a detour really, which led me to these.  Chevron + poplin = LOVE.  That was the end of my Spotlight journey.  Oh, except for some other little bits and pieces, but no more fabric.
Thanks Ikea
And then, just when I thought I had accidentally on purpose acquired enough fabric for one week, I was called upon by some friends who have just moved from the UK to Melbourne, to help them out.  I had the joy of looking after their 17 month old cutie whilst they bought a house full of white goods!  Unfortunately amazingly it was at the Homemaker Centre, which also houses Ikea.  Danger, danger!  I left them somewhere in the living room section and made my way to fabrics.  Looking at my watch, I knew I had approximately seven minutes to find fabric, cut said fabric, find an Ikea employee to weigh and tag it and get to the register in time to check out and get to kindergarten pick up on time!  It was tight, and I DID run through the maze that Ikea is, and got to Kinda with a minute to spare!  AND I managed to get four metres of each of the above prints.  I'm thinking quilt backing?  $3.99 and $4.99 per metre!  BARGAIN and worth looking like a knob running in sandals!

Sooooo, it's time to re-shuffle those fabric shelves.  Again.

I'm linking up with Sunday Stash @ Finding Fifth!  Being hosted by the lovely Gemma over at Pretty Bobbins!  Go check it out!

7 comments:

  1. LOL! I love a shopping journey like this. I've never seen a shopping trolley in my Spotlight, but I wouldn't want to get in the way of you, and yours, because I know you'd totally push me out of the way and down that flight of stairs! However, I'd totally respect you for it, because we all do what we can for that perfect fabric. So kudos for making it happen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you this past week Midgey! You have chosen well and on special too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I feel like a looser, lol. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, I hate it when fabric falls into my cart. It is a serious problem. Protections should be made (or not...). Great fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd say if your biggest problem is rearranging fabric on shelves to make room for new fabric, you're doing pretty well, haha! Lovely picks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that at my Ikea here, you cut, weigh and tag your own fabric! Because of course Japanese people are scrupulously honest ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely fabric Midge! Looking forward to seeing the quilt with the Sarah Fielk prints! Thanks s much for linking up xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment - I read each and every one of them! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...