Friday, March 22, 2013

T.G.I.F.F. #11 - Something is better than nothing?

Firstly - I must apologise profusely for my photos lately.  My little Nikon went AWOL, so it's been iPhone and Instagram only.  BUT - it's my birthday very soon, so I have put in a request for a really good camera!  Like - REALLY good.  So - those of you who own really good cameras, you know, the ones that open, shut and do everything but cook my dinner?  Please share your suggestions, recommendations etc.  We are off overseas in a few months, so I would like to grab one duty free!

In the meantime, please forgive these photos......

QCA Bee #5 Block for Alyce
In what has been a rather tumultuous week, I did manage to finish a few things!  And this gorgeous block is for Alyce (from Blossom Heart Quilts) in the QCA Bee Block #5.  Alyce challenged me - not so much in the piecing and putting together of the block, but in the fabric selection.  She requested a specific colour palette, and it tested me and my stash!  It pointed out some faults in said stash - I do not own much in the way of navy blue and/or teal green!  Does that mean I need to buy more fabric?
@blossheartblog Your bee blocks are done! Love them!
But I got there in the end.  Thank goodness for Facebook groups and the ability to post photos of different fabrics to get opinions!  I hope you like them Alyce!
Boo! Designs Pinny in Lecien & Denim
I also finally finished a custom order Boo! Designs pinny for a lovely customer Christine.  She chose the gorgeous cream Lecien floral fabric combined with a lightweight denim.....and it is divine.  It's the second time I've done the zippered back finish and I mastered it!  Yeh!
Anpanman! For @suziemori
And lastly - this gorgeous little pinny!  Another Japanese fabric, this time with a favourite Japanese cartoon character - Anpanman!  This is for my little God daughter, whom I've been told loves Anpanman!  I've also been told that her big brother will be very jealous.......

I have plans for this week.  Big plans.  Whether I can get said plans done is another thing though!  Let's hope I have a whole lot more in the way of finishes for next week!

I'm linking up with T.G.I.F.F. being hosted by Sew, Love, Live this week.

3 comments:

  1. The color combo on the churn dashes is fun. I'd say I would struggle with finding navy in my stash too... Those pinafores are so cute with great fabric choices! Lucky girls! Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm such a hard Queen Bee... I love them so much!! And oh Anpanman... My daughter loves him too, despite having never seen any shows of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks are really cute but that first little pinafore dress is just to ... well it is gorgeous and I would love to make it for my gorgeous granddaughter. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment - I read each and every one of them! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...