Wednesday, March 13, 2013

W.I.P. Wednesday #12.....All my Geese in a row

Hallelujah for the cool change!  Whilst Melbourne has sweltered under the longest string of days over 32 degrees celsius, there has not been much sewing happening!  Some of my Ms Midge dress orders have been on hold, for otherwise I may very well have withered away to nothing.  Instead, I spent some afternoons sitting here upstairs in the air-conditioning wasting spending my time very wisely, pawing over Pinterest and blogs!  Which is what leads me to the TWO W.I.P's I managed to get going - albeit very slowly!

Experimenting....aka flying by the seat of my pants!
I pulled out the gorgeous dresden I made a few weeks ago, and put that baby to work.  She is now sewn on to a big yummy square of vacant white space, and has her first border.  I'm trying to take some inspiration from all the Marcelle Medallions I'm seeing on Instagram.  In fact, I purchased the E-book version of the Liberty Love book, however, am having major issues being able to open it.  The online book store I purchased it from is trying to help me!

I digress.  Again.  As usual.
My first flying geese!
The following day I felt compelled to make another thing I'd seeing flying around the traps.  Geese.  Flying Geese.  I used THIS tutorial. I am continually petrified by all the fabulous designs and techniques I see in the quilting world, and am equally surprised when I manage to figure it out.  So yay for me!
Done! I'm officially all geesed out!
A gaggle of geese.  I have plans for these birds......
Breaking open this "scrap" bag to make a special present!!
Then yesterday, once home from work, I decided I needed to get started on a birthday gift for a very special girl.  It was 37 degrees outside, and "only" 29 in.  So I dug out this bag of "scraps" I had, and forgot there were actually a few very big pieces (read - half yards!??!) of Terrain!  Yeh for surprises!
Am I allowed to say how utterly happy I am with this?? Who knew?
And I then went back to the Craftsy BOM I joined for free, and took a deep breath before diving in to this baby!  More geese!  In fact, a circle of geese!  This is my second attempt at paper piecing, and I must say, it was certainly easier than I had anticipated.  I'd only ever seen this pattern using white background, but the receiver of this gift is not a white background kind of girl!  I love the effect.  It will end up a cushion.  I still have no idea how I'm going to finish it off, as it's too small at the moment!

So that's it my friends.  Another week, another TWO W.I.P's to add to the pile!

I'm linking up with Freshly Pieced!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

12 comments:

  1. How can you forget 1/2 yards of Terrain?!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely geese! PP projects are perfect scrap busters aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your circle of geese. The colours really pop like stained glass and the circle of geese is beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the circle of geese! And your dresden is super yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the fabric choices, the colors specifically, in the dresden and the geese you made. What are the fabrics?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your gaggles of geese, especially the brights on black.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both projects are looking really lovely. You are the geese go-to girl now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love that circle of geese! It looks awesome on black! I've only made one paper piece block, and was not thrilled with the process, but when I see so many amazing blocks like this, it makes me want to try it again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great projects! I've seen that Craftsy BOM class, but haven't signed up yet. I did sign up for a couple, but haven't had (made) the time to actually sit down and work on them, so that's for another day. Thanks for sharing the link to the geese tutorial too!
    I'm visiting through the WIP Wednesday linky party.
    Have a great one, Liz

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am in love with all of your geese! The circle of geese is on my To-Do list. I rarely see this done in a larger scale print, and love the effect on the black background.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi!!! Love your geese!!! It is very pretty with the black background!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment - I read each and every one of them! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...