Wednesday, March 6, 2013

W.I.P. Wednesday #11 - Catching Up!

A few months ago, I decided I would join in the Riley Blake Mystery Block of The Month.  Yes, I've made a Pinterest board to store them! And now it's March!  Today brought an unexpected day off work, due to another mystery - the tiles smashed off Chloe's creche's roof on Monday, for no apparent reason - so creche was closed today!  Day off work = catching up on planned projects.

I started with February, as you do.  It is a paper pieced heart.  This set my heart racing.  I have seen so many beautiful and amazing paper pieced projects, that I never thought I would be able to do it.  But it seems I sort of can......


First attempt at paper piecing..... Getting a headache!
Trying to wrap my head around how this all worked literally gave me a headache!
Does it look like anything yet??
All pieced together - with a couple of added bits here and there due to - ahemmmm - someone stuffing up.  Note to self - do not take the paper off the back until the end!  Whoops!
Done!
All trimmed up!  It's still not finished, as I have to work out how I am going to applique it on to the backing piece?  I'm wondering if I should do it as I did the Dresden?  Any suggestions would be welcomed!
I'm sure I said I would never do HST'S again?!?
I then moved on to January's block.  Which entailed HST's.  Remember when I said I would be happy to never see them again?  Well, today reminded me why.  I must say - the trimming was made much easier with that little square ruler there ^^^^^^
Nearly done!
All laid out ready to put together!

I'm using the Willow range by Riley Blake, which I bought from Pink Castle Fabrics last month.  Once the nine blocks are made up, I think it will be beautiful!

So, that's what I'm working on at present.  You?

I'm linking up with Freshly Pieced.
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

5 comments:

  1. Looking good so far! Well done on the paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great. can your machine do a lovely raw edge Applique stitch? i wouldnt needle turn all those seams. Too hard.
    It'll be great... keep us in the loop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good!i will message the how to n reverse appliqué once the kids are in bed :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come on! That heart is so cute :-) Thanks for stopping by WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You paper pieced heart looks amazing! And your chevrons are coming together too. I'd applique the heart using heat n bond lite and then zig zag around the outer edge. I've had pretty good success with that.

    I have already made the chevron (but for a different application--I sent them off as bee blocks. The paper pieced heart I haven't done yet, but I plan to use it in a wall hanging of my daughters improved pieced into blocks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment - I read each and every one of them! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...