Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Crickets

This parenthood journey is a wild one.  I find myself going from one emotional point to another, in a matter of moments.  Yesterday I was lamenting over the loss of control, now my biggest boy is a teenager.  Today I find myself in a strange place.  Home alone.

Chloe hasn't been 100% the last couple of days, and given she still had a super high temperature at 4pm yesterday, I called my boss and asked her to fill my shift for today, as it's just too hard to get someone to come in for a shift at 8am if given no notice!  As per "Murphy's Law", Chloe woke up bright as a button this morning - temperature long gone and she was keen to go to creche.  So I did the usual school run and then dropped Chloe off to her "school".

Quickly stopped in to the shops to grab a couple of things, a girlfriend popped in for a long overdue coffee (I can offer REAL coffee to friends now we have a machine!), and then SILENCE.  I was sitting here at the computer listening.  To nothing.  No tv, no music, no Dora.  Nothing.

Silence is deafening....

It was then, the realisation hit, that this would be the norm in a couple of years.  Chloe will be off to Kindergarten next year, and then school.  And I will be childless five days a week.  For the first time in over 15 years!  This realisation put me in a little bit of a panic.  Strange - I know.  But after pottering around and doing a bit of cleaning, washing the dog and eating some lunch - I had nothing to do.  Again - strange.

What do Mums do with themselves, five days a week, when there are no kids at home?  Will I put Nick Jnr on the tv to keep me company?  Will I start asking myself "what have you been doing all day"?  Please don't tell me I'm going to have to go back to full time work again?


Day 15 - Phone
The rather lonely and not used much home phone.  I honestly don't know why we have one?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment - I read each and every one of them! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...